Painting rocks with our activities means extra summer fun
This summer make painting rocks top notch on your activity list, but that’s not all. Let painting rocks lead to continued family fun.
Explore our list of activities for added learning, playing, exploring, connecting and discovering this summer. Let them continue throughout the summer to truly enjoy the simple gifts they have to offer.
- Learn about the history of painting- who painted first? Hint- they used rocks.
- Learn about how rocks are formed by the earth and what rocky varieties there are.
- Paint rocks to create games like tic-tac-toe or hop scotch that can be played throughout the summer.
- Turn your painted rocks into a garden sculpture for the whole neighborhood to enjoy.
- Hide your painted rocks around the neighborhood for other people to find. Use a sharpie to mark the back of your rocks with the city you live in such as @westlakevillagerocks
- Try painting rock pets that each family member can care for over the summer. Talk about those processes over dinner.
The great thing about painting rocks is how it’s fun for any age. All these activities are thoughtfully made with toddlers to seniors in mind.
I hope they create feel good summer memories for your family.